Wednesday, March 8, 2017

My Review on the Aladdin's Oasis Main Street Electrical Parade Dining Package

In short: WORTH IT.

Shhhh!!! It is Starting!

Get Excited!

Such a Classic.

Planning!

with a Disney Duck (not Donald)
So I had made the decision to use Disney Holiday Tickets that my Cast Member other half had received to go to Disneyland with my mom, my best friend, and her mother. Since the Main Street Electrical Parade is back for a limited time, my mom wanted to see it, as she remembers it from her time as kid.  

Now we were planning on attending the weekend after the parade returned, so it was going to be crowded and people would most likely line up hours before the parade start to ensure they got a spot. Since we knew this would be the case, we starting looking for dining packages (similar to what they had with the Paint the Night parade and Fantasmic and what they continue to do in California Adventure with World of Color).  My mom took to the internet and came across the two dining/viewing packages that they offer.  The Aladdin's Oasis package and the Blue Bayou package. As we have done Blue Bayou in the past, and weren't really looking for that level of dining, we discussed with our Disney partners, and decided on Aladdin's Oasis. 

We chose 4:30pm for our reservation as this guaranteed us the early parade viewing. Since we were braving the park with my seven month pregnant best friend, this was the best option.  

Disney Day!

Relaxing on a bench at the Hub
We started our day at California Adventure because we knew we would be spending all evening at Disneyland.  We went ahead and headed to get a fastpass for the new Soaring Over the World then headed to Carsland. Our mothers wanted to ride Racers, so we waited and ate delicious things from the Cozy Cones.  My friend had their pretzel bites and I have pizza flavored popcorn (SO.GOOD.). After we ate we went to Little Mermaid and then to Soaring.  The new soaring is awesome. There just happens to be a lot of things that jump in your face, so if that tends to bother you, you have been warned. 

After soaring we headed to Disneyland. I know we did a few rides here, but I honestly cant remember the order. I know in the day we did Pirates, Haunted Mansion, and Small World- Disneyland is fun like that. 





When was almost time to eat so we headed to Aladdin's Oasis to order our food. More about that below:

Same menu is used for MSEP

Aladdin's Oasis and the Parade Viewing Dining Package: 

So we went to get in line at the kiosk where you order the To-Go packages (if you didnt know that they are to-go meals, now you are aware).  The only downfall to this was the wait. I think we must have waited at least 20 minutes to order our food, as the individuals in front of us must have been ordering for small armies. 

When it was time to order, I actually wasn't too impressed with the menu options, I believe they have herb-marinated chicken breast, a meat lasagna and a vegetarian lasagna for adults, and they had a grilled chicken breast, spaghetti with marinara and macaroni and cheese for the kids. I believe the prices shown might be slightly less than the new charges ( I used a discount, so I am unsure what they were).  

I ended up ordering off of the kids menu (with no issues- some kept saying that Disney wouldn't allow this, but I had no issues). I got the macaroni and cheese. It was actually super delicious.  Included with the kids plate (which is in a super convenient carry container since it was to-go) is macaroni and cheese- a ton of it, mixed fruit, a roll and butter, steamed green beans and a delicious Mickey cookie.  If you are actually feeding a child with this meal, it is definitely enough food for two of them, as it was enough for me, and I was quite full.  

Instead of just grabbing and going with our meal, we asked to dine at the oasis and was given a table number.  We had no problems finding a large table in the shade under the patio.  We sat our numbers on the table and a server came and brought us our beverages, utensils and after just enough time to sing the chours from "A Whole New World" our food was out!

It was a nice little sit down "grab and go".


Mickey and the Magical Map

After our little dining excursion we headed to watch Mickey and the Magical Map. The three ladies I was with had never seen it, and as I was toting around a very pregnant best friend, sitting down was a good option nearing the end of the day.  We walked to Fantasyland and I got hot chocolate and sat down and we all watched Mickey chase a spot around a Map. They all really enjoyed it, and I completely recommend this little show if you haven't seen it. The music is fantastic and it is super cute. 

After the Map, I am pretty sure this is when we rode Small World, as we needed to kill some time before we could enter the preferred viewing area for the dining package.

Parade Viewing with the Dining Package

So there are two dining packages that are offered for the Main Street Electrical Parade viewing. One is where we were, and the other (honestly I don't even know where the other is- but its included with the Blue Bayou dining package).  The viewing location for the Aladdin Dining Package is the large terrace right next to It's a Small World.  If you are staring directly at the Small World clock, the terrace is to your immediate right.  The large gates between the two are where the parade begins, so you are the first group to see it step down.  Honestly our view was great, and we were able to sit and rest on the steps before it started (we got there about an hour early).  We watched it, were mesmerized, and it was overall a fantastic day. 

Final Thoughts

I have told numerous people that if they really want to watch the parade, and don't want to worry about setting up camp 3 hours before the parade begins for a great spot to do this dining package. My food was delicious and the view is great.  As always, feel free to comment if you have an questions!





No comments:

Post a Comment